Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Worn and rusted

A while back I buried some fabric in the back yard, forgot it for 5 months and this is what happened.  Not the bugs!  I added them later.
I also rusted some fabric and added the drawings via a technique using a hot press.
I used an ink pen to do the drawings and then photo copied them onto a special paper which allows you to heat transfer directly onto fabric.  This process is quite tricky as you need to move fairly quickly and know exactly where you are going to position the picture on the fabric.  As I only had a limited amount of this fabric that I had rusted it was a 'hold my breath' situation that it worked.
I then used some of the buried fabric to hand stitch onto the piece to add a bit of dimension.
I can spend hours doing the ink drawings.  I love it so much.  There is usually a medium or process that makes you feel that you have been transported to another place.  This is mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment